The first of the granddaughter dresses is finished!! Feeling very pleased as it worked out beautifully. This is my first reversible dress and my first effort at shirring: both worked out very well. Onto the next one 🙂
The Eva Dress is a PDF pattern for a reversible dress that I bought from Angel Lea Designs – www.angelleadesigns.com. My first experience with a PDF pattern; I’m a bit old-school and tend to use the store bought tissue patterns. I found the instructions excellent with great photos to follow. It’s for size range 6 months to 6 years and I made the size 5. I followed the pattern exactly except for the shirring on the pockets; I gave it a 3rd row for extra strength. A really nice pattern that I will use again. By following exactly and pressing religiously it all came together very well.
The fabric I bought from Kelani Fabrics – www.kelanifabric.com.au – the first side in Alexander Henry’s Lupe Multi and the second side in Alexander Henry’s Vivienne Stripe Blush. Both cotton, the fabrics handled really well and pressed up nicely.
Unfortunately the photos don’t do it justice; the pockets are really cute but hard to see in the photo but I am just thrilled with the results. I just need to tie the shoulder straps a little better!