After several evenings of hand stitching and some tired eyes, I have finally finished my #1 grandson’s quilt. The end result is very pleasing; the pattern looks good, the quilt is square and the machine quilting isn’t too bad. It now needs a wash before I give it to him and I can enjoy it for a few days beforehand.
With the much appreciated assistance from my dear husband we made a padded cutting board for my sewing room. I wanted something to protect the desk top that I’m using as my cutting and preparation table. So we bought a large piece of board, 3 cutting mats, batting and fabric. We glued it altogether and viola … a reversible cutting/padded table top! It looks so fabulous and was put to an immediate test drive!
And then there was my 3rd accomplishment for the weekend. I got the first of the dresses for my granddaughters started. I need to pickup some shirring elastic today for the pockets and should be able to finish this first one tonight.
What a great start to the week! Shame I have to go to work for the next 5 days!